Saturday, July 16, 2011

Back to Camp!


My Lovely Lassies and I returned to Camp Jeremiah - our favorite place ever!

Once again, I drove the neighbor's big ole passenger van
which brought back memories of my hauling kids around in my 15-seater van.

(I ran a child care center for twenty years. There were lots of kids to haul.)

Soon after we arrived, the girls crafted boats - some very simple, some full of artistic touches.


Here we have a little Annie Oakley in the making ~

(She was definitely the Sharp Shooter of the group.)


This novel game required balance, strength and a good aim.


If someone got pushed off their balance boards, there was a round of laughter
and the fallen player got right back up again for another GO AT IT. So resilient!

May these girls remain in childhood for a few more years.

That is my prayer.

P.S.
Kelty and my granddaughter DID come back, but I didn't get any more shots.
We just gabbed our way through a dinner at the picnic table which took us past sundown.
Next morning, she caught an early flight which was a steal-of-a-deal.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like something my Henny Penny would love. Her brother get/have all the fun she thinks with all their scout camps.

K said...

I think your camp look like more fun than ours. Ours is beautiful and cool, from what i hear - but you have to pack in everything to do. Yours reminds me of the ones I went to in New york - camps run by folks who are already there, with wonderful things to do.

Counters Free Counter