Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Unexpected Serendipity



When returning from a family reunion in Canada - other side of the family -
my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter had a layover in Salt Lake City.

I had tanked up the car on Sunday, preparing for a couple of hours of "connecting" with my loved ones.
However, a last-minute decision was made and Kelty and little Rella decided to stay!

(Daddy had work obligations back home, darn it all.)

The occasion merited a celebratory round of The Wheels on the Bus, performed in my very back yard!


This little Munchkin is Doggie Crazy.

How fortunate that we had TWO furry and friendly critters to keep her entertained!

Buddy - from next door - is here for a 10-day visit, much to Rella & Chica's delight.

Rella fancied the experience of crawling in and out of Buddy's cage.

There was almost room for the two of them - child and beast. Almost.



She also joined the Grandchildren's Club of C.F.F.H.
(the Chica-Feeding-From-Highchair Club.)

Here's how it went down with Rella:

1. I know I'm really cute and you adore me.



2. So, how would YOU feel if I give just a few of my Cheerios to Chica?



3. Thanks, Grandma! You're the best EVER!!!



When the dogs got tired of entertaining a 17-month old,
Rella moved on to DRESS UPS.

Ask me - what kid DOESN'T like dress ups???


Especially when there's a mirror for lengthy self appreciation.

In Rella's case, it involved KISSING her beautiful reflection, but I missed that shot. (I was laughing too hard.)


The 8 ft. living room blinds also pique her attention and I'm ever so grateful they didn't crash down on her.



And there's always the fun of splashing around in the bathtub.

"I'm fetching . . . with or without my clothes!"


This afternoon, Kelty and Rella hit the road and headed north in a bright red rental car.
They went to Idaho, with plans to visit Duane's cousin in the hospital.

They'll be back at Grandma Ginger's for a few more days after their little jaunt.
Maybe then I'll catch a decent photo of my Kelty doing something else besides The Wheels on the Bus.



Brinley, my first grandchild, had a birthday had her EIGHTH birthday today.

Time flies!



4 comments:

K said...

Lovely little souls - and don't they get around the rules, though? I'm with Max and Sandy - but also with Chaz and Murph. So it's a good, exhausting and wonderful trip. Lucky chica -

Robyn said...

Thank you for posting about this!! I haven't seen Kelty since her baby shower, meaning I miss her and still haven't met Rella! When they come back into town will you pleeease let me know so that I could possibly come see them? Does Kelty's phone do texting? Thanks!

Rachel said...

You have the best dress up boxes ever!!!

Levi told me two Sundays ago: If I get an owie, Chika will lick it and make it better.

:D

Kelty said...

Thanks MOM!

I've stored away some of these precious photos for Rella's memory box. Thank you for always highlighting us when we come - it's really fun to read and makes me feel so loved. :)

- Kelty

Counters Free Counter