Friday, July 22, 2011

About Robins . . .


This spring, I was delighted with the mommy robin bird
who chose to build a nest on the ledge outside my living room window.

(The window reflects the scene outside, but the arrow helps you get an idea of the nest location.)

Here are the baby robins. This photo was taken on the very day they left the nest and took to the skies.

There's another robin in my very own family who has also flown the nest -



When she wasn't doing high-flying trapeze acts,

she found other ways to entertain us.




So hard to wrap my mind around that fact.

Another Mind Blower: she is carrying her 4th baby girl . . .


. . . and my 7th grandDAUGHTER.



2 comments:

K said...

I am well acquainted with both sets of Robin, and just as shocked and pleased as you are at three decades of love. Ginna is 31. Remember when we were 30? Neither do I. Will we celebrate it when our daughters turn 50? Chaz herself will turn twenty eight this year. I think I will now start to think about something else.
kisses

Kelty said...

That second photo of leah is a hoot!! It must be hard for a mom who raised a child from infancy to comprehend that infant turning thirty. You've done such a marvelous job in your life at so many things, motherhood included. Look how we are all flying on our own today! I know who we can thank.

Love,

Kelty

Counters Free Counter