Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Interlude


You'll be getting more cool stuff about my travels before the week is out.

Meanwhile, here's a mini-peek of a recent activity with my Lovely Lassies who I mentor in my church 'calling'.

Tug of War was a hit.


We borrowed an old boat rope for the activity,
and it transformed into a jump rope . . .
after about twelve fiercely fought rounds of tugging and squealing and slipping and falling on behinds.


And then there were the foot races.

Take note of the concentration manifested on the face of the girl in the foreground.
She's got that forward-tilting movement on her side. But, surprisingly, the little gal won that round.


Notice the "Ready, Set, Go" boss-woman, holding her water pistol high in the air - BELOW.

Oh what POWER!


My goddaughter Victoria was bunking at my place and strolled over for the fun, as did Chica the dog.


This sweet park is owned by our neighborhood, not the city, and we maintain it.

My grown kids fondly remember playing night games there during their childhoods.

From my front porch, I can sometimes hear yet another generation of kids out there during the evening hours.

The old games still get passed on.


It's heartwarming, for certain.

No comments:

Counters Free Counter