Friday, June 15, 2012

From My Living Room Window


After my super-sized trip,
it was soooo nice to simply sit in the living room
and gaze out the window with a cup of twig tea in my hand.

A pair of robins were building a nest,
just an arm-length away from the deck.

Within a few days, I had a front row seat as the mama bird sat contentedly on her eggs.

Soon the babies arrived and the feeding began, keeping both Mom and Dad quite busy.

What a labor of love!


Only one hatchling out of two survived.

Oh but that one was a VERY demanding little critter.


Watching this little feathery creature pass through babyhood, toddlerhood, the middle years and even the teen years
in a just a few precious days,
well, it brought me a great deal of pleasure.



Parting Shot:

My goddaughter Vic twirling around in her new dress in the back yard.

Irrelevant, but darling!


2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a fun thing to be able to witness! And you will see that wee one again. Robins are territorial coming back to the same place year after year...

K said...

A sort of hatchling there of your own, at the end! As graceful as flight.

Counters Free Counter