Monday, November 9, 2009

Lovely Lassies!


Last spring, I took on a church assignment to work with the girls, ages 8 - 12. Actually, I get to PLAY with these darling little damsels. We take field trips and do service projects and learn new skills and make cool stuff and it's ALL PURE FUN.


You may see them in a game of Tug of War,
but I am quite relieved to report,
they DON'T really tussle with each other.

They are a get-along gang and everyone's included.



In the summer, we went to the Provo Waterpark
and my grandson had about 10 big sisters to play with him.


When school started, KNITTING became the RAGE
and they begged for more of it.

So, we did yet another round of knitting!

This fall, we were blessed with an Indian Summer
making it possible for more outdoor pursuits.


See the Really Cool Dinosaur they created out of mud?!


Then, we were back indoors for our Halloween crafts,

with pumpkin cookie decorating, on the side.



Last week, we cleaned the church nursery.

It was just about as delightful as playing in the mud,
because they really had a BLAST
spraying and scouring
and discovering innovative ways to sparkle up the toys.

After A LOT of elbow grease,
I brought out my Wiggle Cars.

2 ride-on toys + 8 girls = NO PROBLEM

Having these young maidens in my life does me good.

Their effervescence and imaginative spirits
and trusting natures, even their impishness . . .
SPICE up my world.



2 comments:

K said...

You know - that Waldorf pony - the blue one? It's perfect for this kind of thing. Not hard to make, and charming when you're finished - much more inspiring than potholders. If you want to know how to do it, let me know and I'll send.

Leah said...

This is SO cute to see all of the fun things you have done with the girls! Way to go!

Counters Free Counter