Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Goddaughter & Other Lassies


My goddaughter Vic has a new boyfriend - Dr. Micheal.

On Sunday, I cooked a turkey in the early morning, attended church, then drove to Logan to meet this fellar.
The turkey rode along with me. The fragrance of that roasted bird whetted my appetite, I tell you.

Dr. Micheal is a good man. My hearty approval was given.


Yesterday, my lovely lassies crowded into my living room.

It's hard to believe that ALL these merry maidens live within two blocks of my home.

Do you see how hands are raised?

The younger gals were interviewing the older gals
and I was able to sit behind them and see them manage the activity cooperatively.
Being polite is something I try to emphasize.

I think they're getting it.


After the interviews, I let the older girls hide Easter eggs for the younger ones.

It's a wee bit early for Easter celebrations, but the weather beckoned us out of doors.

They split the booty after the eggs were found.

Notice there are still patches of snow, but the day was warm enough to skip jackets.


Through a 'calling' at my church, I've been working with these girls for three years.
Sometimes, they just show up for spontaneous visits.

I love the freshness they bring into my life.



After the wild rumpus, I sent them back into the house to grab their backpacks and walk home.

All but one gathered up on the balcony to wave goodbye.

Another shot was in order and they complied with style!


It wasn't so long ago, my own kids were standing on this same balcony,
waving at me below as I snapped a shot.

Or, I should say, it doesn't SEEM that long ago.

2 comments:

K said...

The doctor looks familiar to me.

And that last shot just got me. Just got me.

Kelty said...

What lucky (and cute) girls!!! I love how you integrated an ACTIVE activity along with the more pensive one (asking older women interview questions) This stage in a young life is so formative, and i forget sometimes how much my "leaders" (using the term loosely) made an impact in my self image and perceptions of the world. You are doing a mighty work - I truly believe that.

Love always,

kelty

Counters Free Counter