Sunday, February 12, 2012

Snow Day


Today was a SNOW DAY.

Here is the sight which greeted me this morning.

Although I've been told TWICE that sleeping right under windows is

bad feng shui,

I don't care.

I have lots of flying dreams and I think it's because I sleep this way.


I love the native Utah Gamble Oak, especially when there's snow on it's bare branches.

The shapes are simply . . .


I have a canyon community.

We represent the die-hards who go up the canyon
in ALL types of weather
and at ALL times of the day or night.

This is Charles.
Today he hiked to Squaw Peak.
A little white stuff didn't stand in his way.

This is Squaw Peak,
in case you don't do links.


Okay.
It's an abstract.

Photoshop helps you to see things you wouldn't otherwise see.

For example,
I wanted to see if today was just a black, grey and white sort of day . . .


. . . or if there was some color.

Bring up the color saturation of a photo and voila!

There definitely IS color and it turns out that snow has some awesome blue tints.

But I do like the canyon in it's raw format.
Especially in the winter.

There's a quiet beauty
which draws you in.


"Come on!"
cries Chica.


I'm on my way!

5 comments:

K said...

Beautiful. Cold. Refreshing. Cold. Happy dog. Happy Ginger. Flying dreams - you'd have to sleep to have them. I did not put up pictures of the mud in the arena. The flats are not as romantic as the canyon. Thanks to you, I have both.

Arian said...

Great photos Mom, I miss the mountains.

Arian said...

Great photos Mom, I miss the mountains.

Rachel said...

I admire you so much Ginger. I think it is wonderful and fantastic that you do this!

The canyon is so beautiful. Amazing how a few miles away here in the valley...... no snow!

Kelty said...

I sure love the Utah Wilderness in the winter. Just standing silently in a snowfall is the most sacred experience

Thanks for posting and bringing back memories, mom!

Counters Free Counter