Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine Cookie Decorating


For more than 25 years, I sponsored our family's Valentine's decorating party
- see HERE and HERE.

Two years ago, I pooped out.

- a brave mother of six from the younger generation -
who has volunteered to keep our family's Valentine Cookie Extravaganza ALIVE!

She has even added a healthy dimension to the event -


for Emily!

(She happens to be EXTRA SPECIAL to her Aunt Ginger,
because she lived with me during high school and what a GIFT she was to my family.)


Also, her home is MORE than adequate,
with two expansive rooms for our ever expanding family.


There were three tables brimming with the basic creative elements:

1. Sugar Cookies - various sizes

2. Powdered Sugar Frosting - various colors

3. Decorative Items Made of Sugar


Among the attendees this year:


Nephew #1 - Richie . . . with his new BRIDE.

Nephew #2 - Austin . . . with his new FIANCEE.

Nephew #3 - Chris . . . with his new GIRLFRIEND.


We all take note when a girlfriend or boyfriend shows up at the Family Valentine's Party.
It's likely to be a SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP.

We'll see.

Below is John who didn't need to make a big production out of his cookie.

He quickly drew an action figure with a black frosting pen, plopped a marshmallow on top
and then he was ready to do the really important task - EATING.


John was THRILLED that I took an interest in his Legos action figures
He eagerly gave me a tour of his impressive collection of good guys and bad guys.
I received looong explanations about the character qualities of each and every action figure!


(The little brother, Jared, is NOT on drugs as he may appear to be. He is just very enthusiastic, like John.)

It was ever so grand to see the tradition continue
.

I give my blessing to the new torch bearer!





Sisters, naturally.
February 2012

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh this looks fun!!! I might have to start doing this! Take my rasty opinion of Valentine's Day and make it a fun one!!

K said...

Again - the extravaganza of sugar! Color, shape, excess in its glorious manifestation! It must have been wonderful to see it happen without you having to do it. Really, truly wonderful.

Kelty said...

YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!! I am SO glad that this tradition continues . . . and hopefully will continue. . . for some time. I wish I could be there - I sure miss Emily and the kids, and can't wait to see them when we come in July!

thanks for the awesome post mom - it makes me feel like I'm there a little bit, even though I'm not.

Counters Free Counter