Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Birthday Girl

Twenty-eight years ago TODAY,
my 'Leah Robin' came into this world.

She was the cutest little thing on two legs.


Right from the 'get go',
she proved to be quite athletic.

It was so fun to watch her antics.

Although I often wondered ...
Would she'd survive her early childhood?

Thank goodness, she did!

As she grew,
so did her repertoire
and physical aptitude!


Now, she teaches students AND other trainers for Urban Active Fitness Gyms.

And, believe me, she can bring football players to their knees when they're in her class.

We KNOW that, due to a $10 bet with a BYU football player who THOUGHT she taught "sissy" aerobics. Naturally, he lost the bet.

Even though she's "hard-core", she's also very encouraging towards her students. I've made a wee little attempt to participate in one of her classes and WOW how she tracked every single person in the room and help them improve individually as well as collectively!


But I digress.
I want to share one other thing about my LITTLE girl. (Indulge me. Mothers need to do this sort of thing.)

Leah had a special touch with babies. At family gatherings, parents would dump their babies right into Leah's little lap without a second thought. She could handle them like a pro.


Actually, her dolls were her first children
and she cared for them with amazing tenderness.


As I recall, they were always GIRL dolls.

Good thing.

Since that's what she got!


When she turned three,
she wanted to be the Queen in the Wizard of Oz.
(Okay, technically Glinda, the Good Witch of the South)
Here she is on the Yellow Brick Road, in front of our home.


The next year,
she wanted a PRINCESS party.

As a mom of 3, I'm guessing that she doesn't always feel
like A Princess or The Queen,
but I can surely say
she's a mighty special gal.



No comments:

Counters Free Counter