Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Independence Day has always been B-I-G in our family.

And the Grand Parade is definitely THE highlight of a day packed with activities beginning at sunrise and ending at midnight.

Occasionally, my kids have actually BEEN in the Grand Parade while a multitude of extended family members cheered from the sidelines (along with 200,000 other folks.)

Here we have Kelty, clowning her way down the street. (She was BRIBED by her mom to hand out flyers for our child care center.)

And here's Leah rallying the crowds during her short-lived career as a high school cheerleader . . .

And here's Arian doing . . .
I don't know what,
but definitely doing it with ENTHUSIASM!


I thought those days were over.
I was wrong.

Yesterday, Kelty WOWED the CROWDS once again.
This time, representing Oak Hills Stables
as an instructor of dressage.


The family whooped and hollered
as if she were the ONLY attraction in the parade.

Representational sampling of supportive family.

Our traditional BBQ in my sister's yard
is now attracting the nieces and nephews with their broods.
Sam & Lori (+8), Travis & Kiji (+7) Emily & James (+soon to be 6).
NO QUESTION - our family is GROWING.

Another little sampling at the BBQ.

The adults swapped stories while the kids did this sort of activity ~

Another 'kid favorite' is Tricia's humongous hammock,
photographed HERE in 2007 ~

Last night, some of the kids REALLY got into it!

. . . in a DIFFERENT way
than the young lovers who were CAUGHT
by my camera back in 2005.
(BTW, they haven't changed a bit!)


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What fun! I wish that we could have joined the family for the festive parade and BBQ, perhaps next year.

Kelty said...

Thanks a million mom! I was hoping to see a post like this (you are SO on top of things, I am still a blogger in training) and waa-laa! I looked at your blog and it was there. I love how you incorporate so much into each post, and I love the picts of me and Moroni (the horse) and most of all, the picture with me and Duane (you sneaky photographer you) Thanks for the complement, I'd like to think we are still in the "star-crossed-lovers" phase.

K said...

I remember the night we nearly burned off Cam's fingers at T's barbecue! We slept out on the back lawn. What a pile of people you've got now. What a rich family.

Counters Free Counter