Friday, July 27, 2012

The Dolly Grandma with a Farm


While the big sisters were having a sleep-over with their second cousins,
little Aspen and I took a field trip to see the Dolly Grandma, AKA Farmer Luke.

Aspen really took a liking the chickens, after a few fearful moments.

They all have pizzazzy names . . .

Henrietta, Celestine, Big Foot, Speckles, Hennie & Penny.


There are also bee hives on the farm.


They didn't scare my granddaughter one bit.
In fact, she got mighty close to those hives while the bees buzzed all around her.


INSIDE the house, Ms. Luke has a fabulous set of seven nesting Matryoshka dolls on her bookshelf.

Did Aspen love them or what???!!!


Ms. Luke was appropriately named the Dolly Grandma by Brinley, Aspen's older sister.

She absolutely adored those same dolls when she was a tike.


(But she loved the Dolly Grandma even more.)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Get a load of that hair!!!!!

K said...

Those chickens have the kind of names Rachel loves to bestow. I secretly wish I had a chicken name. I love it that the farmer got a nickname from children - especially a canny one. And I love nesting things, too -

Counters Free Counter