Sunday, January 29, 2012

In Ohio with Baby Reese

This wee cherub - Ms. Resse - provided ample motivation to go to Ohio.

What is it about holding a baby?

Unquestionably, it enlivens the soul.

Perhaps all wars would cease
if every adult on the face of the earth would hold a baby for ten minutes a day.

What do you think?


All three of the elder sisters absolutely adore their baby.


The eldest, Brinley, is actually a first-rate mother's helper,
at the mature age of 8.


Leah bounced back from this birth like a schoolgirl on a pogo stick.
I had such a delightful time with her.

Here she is wearing a baby wrap made by my goddaughter Paige,
who happens to be Leah's beloved friend.

My job was to entertain the older munchkins and brush up on my cooking skills.

The entertaining part was hardly a chore!


These little gals are absolutely FEARLESS.

Miss Avery, age 5, will try anything. . .

. . . like rolling downhill at a terrific speed, collecting a face full of snow.


One evening, we headed to an indoor community pool with a lazy river.
I didn't bring the camera, so I'm recycling last year's trip to the same destination.
Is that cheating?

On a weekday afternoon, I had the privilege of taking the gals to Dr. JoJo, their pediatric dentist.

It was the first time for little Aspen and she wanted to hold my hand the ENTIRE TIME.

She had a very willing grandma.

Dr. JoJo has the world's best selection of prizes for brave little children -
about 20 drawers worth!



I felt honored that Brinley wanted me to join her for school lunch.

We did the exact same thing when Baby #3 was born.


Baby #3 is the same little tadpole who's leaning in towards me during this story time shot.


I absolutely loooooooove STORY TIME!

But when I was a mom, I remember executing merciless on-the-spot editing
when I was bushed.

Nowadays, I an stretch out those story books for a long, long time
. . . and enjoy every minute of it.


The three big sisters have been sleeping in one bedroom,
just like my kids did.


They seem to like being together at night and I relished getting to tuck them in.

Then, after the lights were out, came the very best part of the evening . . .

traveling to MAKE BELIEVE LANDS.

You can have countless adventures, as long as you have a
MAGIC CARPET!


I'm gonna miss those whippersnappers
their dear mom (especially their dear mom!)
the new baby
Kelty who arrived on Thursday to take my place.


Something I will not miss: the Ohio slate-grey skies.


Utah skies are full of drama.

In fact, here's the sunset shot I took twenty minutes ago, from the living room window:

Such exquisite beauty is a consolation. Sort of.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! That last shot is GORGEOUS!!!

Such adorable girls.

I don't know what it is either but I just love to sit and hold a baby. I could for hours and days and weeks.......

K said...

I still get bushed - pretty fast, actually. But I know what you mean about story time being something different now - not a chore, but a treat. And I think you're right about holding babies. They are a little like horses - they slow down your life-force a little. At least, if you're not the one getting up with them at three in the morning every night. All the shots were wonderful. Leah looks great and happy. Can you believe our children are having children?

Duane Johnson said...

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!

Counters Free Counter