Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mountain Magic with Kidlets

The mountains in Utah are famous for skiing. Personally, I think they provide more recreation options in the summer.

The best part is they are practically in our back yard!

Mind you, I'm on rewind here. The children's mom is back from Europe , although the dad returned to England after a few days on the home front. (He goes to school there and continues with a 'full-time' job in the U.S.) Mr. K. has completed his first day of kindergarten. Be all that as it may, I must digress for this final episode with the kidlets.

The mountain shot above was taken during our last evening together,

during which we conducted a gourmet weenie roast.


S'mores
were SUPREME.


Rewind a few more days and you'll see us in a mountain park for a LUAU

with all the trimmings.


(I, too, would cover my eyes if I had fire on my feet.)

My niece Robyn was selected as the finest whitie hula dancer among the crowd.


And here's the little guy who won 1st Place in the Hula Hoop Contest ~

As you can see, Mr K scored a victory hoop and a hefty bag of candy.

(The later item was later abducted by Grandma prevent a sugar-induced coma.)


Throughout the evening,
there were various repeat performances of his talent and willing audiences kept him going.

**************

Parting shot ~

Here's lil' Ms. Audrey sorting sea shells. Will she become a biologist like her mama?

This activity kept dear Ms A content for long stretches of time.



No applause necessary.


3 comments:

K said...

Another post by the most magical of grandmothers.

Rachel said...

I have a friend who does the fire dance. Crazy stuff!!

Our mountains truly are beautiful. I can't imagine living away from mountains. I grew up in them, I absorb them everyday. The mountains are a part of me. I live and breath them......

You are such a wonderful grandmother. I honestly hope that I can be like you when it is my turn.

Jill Lewis said...

Thanks again for all you did for the kids. This post captures their differences well. One thrives on social interaction and all things physical while the other is thrilled to think and organize independently. Thank you for loving them so well.

Counters Free Counter