Friday, September 16, 2011

Gallavanting

I've been traveling . . .
Ohio, Illinois, and the mountains of Southern Utah since my last post.


These three whippersnappers were the reason for my nine days in Ohio.

My dear daughter Leah and her husband were taking their first trip ALONE
since their 8-year-old daughter was a baby.


Working as certified fitness instructor for two hours daily
landed her an almost FREE vacation at a 5-star resort in the Yucatan.

They loved snorkeling in the Caribbean waters. You can see more shots of their trip HERE.


Can you tell that she's six months pregnant with her fourth child?


Other monkey business was going on back in the U.S.A.
while Grandma Ginger took 'front lines' their children.



An hour at the local pet store was OUR

5-star excursion!


No. I didn't get them a puppy.
After all, they are getting a baby in three months.


Good thing these kids are used to having a 'Quiet Time' in their rooms every afternoon,

helping children and adults (esp. grandmas) to decompress.

A brilliant idea, Mommy Leah!


Miss Avery in Quiet Time




These little gals love SELF EXPRESSION in all forms!



Furthermore, they inspired me,

because I could see evidence of the conscientious parenting behind the scenes.

PROMISE: The next two posts will not be focused on grandchildren. I'll be sharing some choice shots from my other adventures. Stay tuned. Here's your sneak preview:

Illinois (Shore of Lake Michigan):

Aspen Mirror Lake in Southern Utah:


2 comments:

K said...

HMMMM. Nine days - wow. And you - but I always say this: WOW.

Rachel said...

Next week I am going to go galavanting off to my mountains in Montana. Three whole days with all of my sisters and mom. Guaranteed lots of laughter and late nights.

That photo of you getting sprayed has me intrigued!! :D

Counters Free Counter