Sunday, February 27, 2011

Aching for Spring

(Taken from the living room window on Thursday morning.)

Enough already!

I'd be grumbling SOMETHING FIERCE if I hadn't cheated and gone south.

Here are the final shots of Island Hopping with Ms. Leah.

We spent the last two days in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico.


Still standing is the old Spanish fortress - El Morro.

Some of the bastion walls are 18 ft. thick.


The fortress-building project began in 1539.

In other words, these cannon balls are really, really old.


Old San Juan is home to about ten thousand pigeons.


See these feathered darlings playing beneath an ancient tree?


Don't these trees have amaaaaazing CHARACTER?!


Can you just imagine how many hurricanes they've endured?

And yet they LIVE. And stay GREEN.


Sigh.


Well, I suppose it would get boring to have summer all year long.

But I could sure use a few crocuses followed by a chorus of daffodils.

3 comments:

K said...

I have three golden crocus and a bushel of snowdrops. You are welcome to fill your eyes with them anytime.

Jayhawk runner said...

Boring to have summer all year?? Nope. It wasn't for me! As long as I dress appropriatly, I'm managing the 2nd winter back...but the sun is still calling me...
Great pix, Ging.

Rachel said...

Miss Ginger! Thank you again for your sweet comment. So good to see you.

Yes, craving spring. I am too. Not the yard work, but the warm weather for sure!

Counters Free Counter