Monday, February 21, 2011

Underwater Camera Developed



Snorkeling is simply MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE SPORT.
This shot is ME with hair in my face and an old-lady swimsuit,
taken two weeks ago.

(I will not apologize for the hair nor the swimming attire.)

When you snorkel, you simply bob along just below the surface of the ocean

and, at the same time,

you get to watch all this National Geographic quality marine life.



You don't have to be athletic to snorkel.

In fact, you can manage just fine with a spine that's more metal than bone - like moi -
or have a few extra pounds or even be an 80-year-old with poor muscle tone.

Practically ANYONE can do it.



Scuba diving is a little more complicated and I can live without it.

However, I like snapping photos of the divers,

especially when they are being followed by a school of fish, as in the shot above.




Scootering around in the sea is a novel way to experience the underwater world.

This Mom + Daughter shot makes Leah and I look like
we have really tiny heads and fluorescent blue-ish legs.



It's always cool when you spot an amazing creature like this magnificent sea turtle.



Actually, we saw (and photographed) two of them.



They can live up to 80 years of age and weigh a hefty 700 pounds.

Our turtles were on the young side.




Notice how several tropical fish are CHECKING US OUT?

My disposable underwater camera produced photos that are low quality,
and you'll see far better above-water shots on my Island Hopping post.

Just wanted to share my PASSION for experiencing the Underwater World.

Perhaps you'll decide to pick up some snorkel gear and come along . . . next winter.

The Caribbean.

Think about it.

3 comments:

K said...

Gin and Kris found a FABULOUS underwater video camera. You can use it above, too. Underwater images are pretty amazing. I tried a snorkel once, but it didn't work with my breath-panic. maybe I'll have to give it another go.

Jill Lewis said...

Amazing! I love to snorkel too. How fun to have a camera! Those under-water scooters are pretty cool too. Fun!

lovetosnorkel said...

Snorkeling is my favorite sport, too. And it comes easy to all who have no fear of the water.

Hey, Ginger, no need for apologies, I love the matching colours. Very special!

Counters Free Counter