Thursday, June 10, 2010

Family Time @ Uncle Ken's Cabin

We gathered in the Utah mountains.

My SIX kids (including kids-in-law),

my SIX grandkids (mostly under SIX),

And ME.

Getting up to Uncle Ken's cabin always an adventure.
It's UP there.

More thrilling THIS year, because the rivers were raging.

(There USED to be a tiny creek where you see that lake-ish area in the shot ABOVE.)

Here's a mini-clip of an 'irrigation ditch' in the valley below Ken's place.


At this year's reunion, the toddlers were non-stop entertainment.

Behold, the gal who MUST feed herself, no IFs, ANDs, or BUTs!


One night, we all performed in a TALENT SHOW.

My grandson, who barely turned 4 in May,
attempted to sing while doing the guitar chording for Skip to My Lou.

His 7-second flub-up,
followed by a cheery "I have to practice again!" is worth a share:



In the evenings, there were lightning storms.

During the days, we took strolls, played games, gabbed, ate.

Can you see the HIKERS in this shot?


Good energy. Lots of laughter.


To be continued.

4 comments:

K said...

Beautful. Beautiful. Will Ken be MY uncle?

Kelty said...

Wow mom,

These shots ARE JUST BEAUTIFUL, and though your camera is not at the level of your skills, they turned out quite well. I like how you give little video snippets, my absolute favorite this blog was the one of Kenneth! OH! he is so cute. Love, Kelty

K said...

Holy cats - I didn't see the irrigation ditch the first time. That's TERRIFYING. I know what those usually look like, and it's NOT LIKE THAT.

victoria said...

Wow this looks like so much fun! Reminds of us of the great times with the Woolley family!

Counters Free Counter