Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Part 2 - Family Reunion



No doubt about it, my grandchildren had MOUNTAINS of fun
with their cousins, up at the cabin.

I don't know which kid started this messy activity - above -
but they ALL tried their HAND at it. Miss Avery got into it Big Time.

Auntie Jill taught them how to make musical instruments.
A real hit.

I brought up a croquet set.
Some played the game. Others simply wielded the mallets with glee.

While the little squirts were busy with art creations . . .

. . . the adults flopped into camp chairs on the side lines.

One of those RARE RELAXING MOMENTS for these dear young parents.

Kenneth decided to fill an ENTIRE 5-foot strip of freezer paper
with COLOR, using a little paint roller.
It was quite impressive when he completed his goal.

Miss Brinley discovered the art of decorating ROCKS.

(Plentiful in the Rockies.)

Another bit of spontaneous fun -
jumping into Grandma Ginger's Honda
and touring the countryside sans seat belts @ 3 miles per hour.

BOISTEROUS SINGING - a vital (and necessary) component of the experience.


Yep. Excursions in my Honda were great.

On the other hand,

expeditions on Uncle K's OPEN-AIR BUGGIES were the COOLEST EVER!



On our second evening,
the Big Boys rode the ATVs way, way, way up to some remote mountaintop
where they enjoyed a camping trip - guys only.

The evening provided them with non-stop entertainment:
Thunder & lightening.
Hail, hail, and more hail.


We listened to the pelting on the roof of the cabin
and took guesses on how long they'd survive.


They stuck it out.

By morning, they woke up to BLISSFUL SUNSHINE and CHIRPING BIRDIES.

(Dramatic and swift weather changes are delightfully common in Utah.)


Well, I saved the BEST for LAST.

This short little music video really CAPTURES our time together. It's funny.
For a nice large video, it's best to click the link
LEWIS-WOOLLEY GATHERING 2010
located below the video box.

Lewis-Woolley Gathering 2010 from Duane Johnson on Vimeo.

Kudos to my son-in-law and his video creation talents!

1 comment:

K said...

Oh, Ginger. I want Ken to be MY brother too. And I want to be part of your family, too. And I thnk that all of these images, which just have me sobbing, for some reason, are so the very present I would give you if I were your HF - because I love to give things to people who really, really know what they are.

Counters Free Counter