Thursday, September 17, 2009

Serendipity



6 p.m.
Yesterday.
Taken from the dirt road on the back side of Squaw Peak.

Utah has more than it's share of scenic back roads
winding up through the mountain passes.

Many of them, near to home.

7 p.m.
Overlooking my home town,
from the tippy top of Rock Canyon.

7:30 p.m.
As the sun is setting and I turn back to my car,
there's a bit of serendipity when I glance at the back window.

8 p.m.
And MORE as I head down the road and look across the valley.

* * *

This evening,
the book group was gathering at my place,
as they always do on the 3rd Thursday of every month.

We hadn't quite started into the book
when a breathless newcomer enticed us all to the front porch.


Yet another round of serendipity!

Sometimes you just have to open up your front door
and LOOK.

3 comments:

Kelty said...

Beautiful shots mom! I love the ladies in your book club, they are as in tune with life as you are. Utah must be one of the most beautiful places in the world, I am so glad you decided to set down our families roots there. LOTS of schoolwork on this side of the world, but I'm enjoying it immensly. I'm going to call to say hi later today :)

Keep the posts coming!

Love,

Kelty

Jill Lewis said...

Wow, beautiful photos! I especially love the one with the reflection on the back Eelement window-so artistic. You do have a wonderful book club. You do a great job with your blog!

txmarinemom said...

Hiya, Stranger!

Is that what Squaw's Peak looks like when it isn't covered with snow???

Next time I visit, it will be in the "NOT wintertime" ... :)

I must agree with the assessment of your rockin' book club ladies!

Counters Free Counter