Monday, March 23, 2009

Athletic Weekend



This Saturday, there were 3 ATHLETIC events in our family.
I managed to witness 2 of them and was rather glad to miss the third, since it would have FREAKED me out.

My goddaughter made the finals in JAVELIN at the regional high school track meet.




At the same meet, my niece won 1st place running in the 400 meter race.



It was great to see my brother, his wife and two of other family members there to cheer her on.

(BTW, notice the GREEN grass in these track meet shots! The snow melted, only to return this morning.)



On the same day, a very different sort of athletic event was taking place just fifteen miles south of the track field.


My daughter Kelty was doing an equestrian sport called VAULTING. As she says it, "Vaulting is a great workout. It helps develop balance and core strength." I guess it's something like gymnastics on horseback!

Shall we ship her off to Ringling Brothers Circus?

I think I'll wait a bit before I give vaulting a try.

2 comments:

K said...

Oh! You did NOT go to the vaulting? Poor Keltie, though I do understand why you'd have been tense. The girls down the street from my pasture do vaulting. I do not. I barely ride. I like it better that way. She looks good, though, and her riding will be improved by her sense of balance. I don't think any of my horses - except perhaps Jetta, could be trusted under something like that.

Jill Lewis said...

Wow, great accomplishments girls!!! What great inspiration! It's amazing what the human body can accomplish with determination and dedicated practice! I don't think I'll be vaulting anytime soon, but I will cheer loudly for these great gals!!

Counters Free Counter