Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Magic


We've had an EXTRA SPECIAL CHRISTMAS around here.

It wasn't just about opening presents, although that certainly did happen.


It was more.

For one thing, there was the singing.

On Christmas evening, our family gathered, singing carols while the children held candles in glass jars.


Here's a little video clip from the evening.

You'll hear my son's tenor voice over the others.  Still, you'll get the flavor of the occasion.


Another special thing -

SNOW.

Lots of snow.



Maybe the special-ist thing of all was ...

SIMPLY BEING TOGETHER.

That includes a Wild Rumpus. . . maybe several of them.


It also includes merriment with COSTUMES.

GYMNASTIC FEATS play into the mix.


And BOLD SWORD FIGHTING.
Heaven forbid!

AND LOTS OF HANGING OUT.



A special thanks to my valiant kids, Arian and Jill, who hauled these three kiddles


to join us for the holidays.


They head back across the pond tomorrow.


I suppose all special things must come to an end.

Life is transient.

Life is good.

And Christmas is magic.




The Ohio gang of six (Leah & Cody's family) sensibly stayed home,
having their own holiday adventures.


So grateful they could spend time here during the summer.


3 comments:

K said...

I suppose that part of what has me lying on the couch today is reaction from the past many weeks. That intense wave of love and family, the rush to fulfill traditions, the beauty of the valiant, tiny lights - and the chocolate. Thank you for the Ginger Ale. May I tell you that it actually settled my stomach 3 times in two days? Put me to rights after all the celebratory wildness - it was wonderful. And the bottle was beautiful. And everything you did for me is beautiful. Finding the things hidden under the tree - just the loving sneakiness made me really, really happy.

You are part of my Christmas as I am part of yours. Our lives have been tied together by so many of the loveliest things - youth, age, Christmas, Shakespeare - pretty strong ties. But I think that friendship is the most beautiful of all of them, and mutual admiration. All adds up to love. Pretty remarkable stuff.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photography - beautiful family!
Ginger-- Your blog is always magical when I visit it. Pure delight to the eye and the mind. I need to come here more often! It is soothing, restoring, fun, uplifting... the perfect place to spend some time. Hope all is well (it appears to be wonderful...) Your scoli friend, Susie*Bee :)

Leah said...

Cody and I so enjoyed these beautiful posts. Wish we could have been there. Thanks for taking the time to update the blog with the happenings of Christmas in Utah. Kelty is SUCH a great playful aunt!

Counters Free Counter