Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sheecago!

My daughter Kelty loves to soak up life at every opportunity.

Before the above shot was taken,
we were heading home from a museum near Kelty's pad
and I suggested a stroll along the shores of Lake Michigan.


We ambled by a cement embankment where the waves were slapping violently,
causing the water to spurt up in the air.

It intrigued Kelty and she got closer and closer,
loving the unpredictable timing of the geysers.

Here comes a COLOSSAL one!


Sera, Kelty's sister-in-law, watched for a while and finally couldn't resist the fun.

Now there were TWO soaked gals to toss into the car!

BTW, I was SORELY TEMPTED, but I exercised some restraint, which I can muster up on rare occasions.



Back on the homefront, Ms. Rella was entertaining us royally
with her tremendous capacity to enjoy life.

I wonder how she acquired that trait?

For the last couple of years, HOME has been a Palace in the Sky,
a condo overlooking the Chicago skyline, Millennial Park and Lake Michigan.

See all the boats in the harbor, right behind my granddaughter?


Does Rella May even care?
No.
She is more interested in experimenting with different methods of getting MILK into her MOUTH.

"Hmmmm. That's interesting."


As for me, I'm fascinated with their views
and loved seeing how they would dynamically change from sunrise to sunset . . . and beyond.


As I gazed through those windows, I marveled at the seasonal changes, as well as the intra-day variations.
You see, most of my visits have taken place in the dead of WINTER.


Notice how there are NO boats on the lake. Just ICE, with cracks near the shore.


During THIS trip, with the balmy temperatures and all, I managed to take in the
Chicago Architectural Boat Tour.



I highly recommend it.

(To make it an Over The Top Experience, take Kelty. She's superb company.)



Finally, let me mention that Kelty's MAN was there, but I have to use a stock photo to represent his presence.
(Taken at one of our family reunions.)


He patiently helped me through the 100 hurdles of my new smart phone.

As usual, he never once made me feel dumb, in spite of his commanding knowledge of the techno world.

That's just ONE of the many things I like about this dear son-in-law.

3 comments:

Sarah Buma said...

Ginger! My girls (WHO SHOULD BE IN BED!!!!) and I got wrapped up in your breath-taking pictures and adventures. I love you dearly my friend. I hope you are well. I"m taking one step at a time and feeling very confident that that is the best course right now. Maybe someday I'll have a skip in my step. But right now, the one foot in front of the other is a success! Thank you for showing me beautiful moments of joyfulness. I needed that "escape" tonight. ;)

K said...

You know what I'm going to say, right? GET THOSE GIRLS AWAY FROM THE EDGE. Are you laughing yet? The photos are amazing and fascinating and I would use them as a book cover if I were you. Maybe I would if I were ME. But I worry about big water (of course I do). If people would stop running into danger when they do things on the news, I would stop worrying so much. Mortality doesn't sit well with me. Neither does soaking car upholstery - but that wouldn't have stopped me from standing in the spume.

Rachel said...

Wow! What a spectacular view. Brian's from Chicago. :) His parents live in the 'burbs' backed up to a golf course........ It is usually cloudy when we're there so no skyline.

Counters Free Counter