Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring ???


"Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!"


April hath put a spirit of youth in everything."
William Shakespeare

My Lovely Lassies responded to the seasonal shift with exhilarating enthusiasm.


The rediscovery of GRASS, even with the absence of green vibrancy, beckoned them out-of-doors.

They tossed balls, leaving their coats littered around my living room.


It seemed like SPRING was really on its way.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This morning I woke up and here is the scene which greeted my eyes, taken from the bedroom window:

The yard which had served as a perfectly delightful playground for my lassies looked like this:


Yep. There was snow. Then sun. Then snow once again.


Below - taken @ 2 p.m. today taken from my living room window, looking south.


"April is a promise that May is bound to keep."

Well, that particular promise was definitely broken on this the 2nd day of April.
May seems like the far distant future.


Good thing my goddaughter came home for the weekend,
two lovely friends in tow.

Their laughter cheered me greatly.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I know! Could you believe it? My only consolation was that we had to be all snuggled up watching conference anyway....

Today the sun is out and blue skies. We won't talk about what the weather is supposed to do later in the week. We'll just focus and enjoy today.

K said...

Be so glad you are above the river. I am weary with gray, Ginge. Weary and heavy and wondering how many promises are left.

Counters Free Counter