Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Paddy's & Go Karts

Here's a tribute to this week's holiday -



Okay. I just plopped goofy photos of my grandkids' faces onto those animated bodies.
(The ambulatory grands, that is.)

None-the-less, two of those kids - Brinley + Avery - really CAN do Irish dancing
and they do it quite well, I must confess!

If you don't believe me, you can see them HERE.


My Chicago kids, Kelty and Duane, have told me all about their city's St. Paddy's Day celebration.
I didn't quite believe them when they said that the river is dyed GREEN.

Well, it is:


***********************

This week my nephew Matthew was here from California
while his dad was leading a conference.

I discovered the way to a 13 year-old boy's heart . . .


GO KARTS!

He was zipping around so fast that my shots were not the greatest quality.

However, I certainly caught the EXHILARATION,
with a little help from PhotoShop!




5 comments:

Robyn said...

Aunt Ginger, he LOOOOOVED those go carts!! And those pictures of you two- COMPLETELY adorable. Wow. Love you!

Cathy said...

From Matt:

Thank you SO MUCH, Aunt Ginger. It will be hard to beat the fun I had there. Really hard! Thanks for driving me there and letting me stay so long. Go karting was AWESOME!!

Jill Lewis said...

What a fun post! We've loved the video! I'm sure Matt had a blast driving. You sure know how to find joy in life and help others to do the same.

Kelty said...

Hey Mom :)

Thanks for the Chicago shout out!! Those pictures of Mathew are fun too - I can't believe how much he has grown up :) I'm so glad you took the time to have a day with him, and it sounds like it was FUN. Can't wait to see you at the end of April.

Rachel said...

You're so fun! I bet your nieces and nephews think you are the absolute greatest auntie ever!

Counters Free Counter