Sunday, March 13, 2011

Beloved Canine Friend

My grandchildren adore Grandma Ginger's dog.

The photo above is my eldest grandchild, taken about a million years ago.

I mean, she's losing her baby teeth and soon turning eight years old!


When certain grandchildren call on the phone, they are happy to talk with me,
and even HAPPIER to have a little chat with their canine friend.

Tonight, as is often the case, I dutifully put the phone up to my dog's ear,
as the kids cooed tender, loving words to their furry friend.

My dog is a pure-bred MUTT from the pound.

She's almost ten-years-old, but she can still learn NEW TRICKS.


Recently, she learned how to hold her biscuit between her jaws until I tell her she can go eat it.

I can take a stroll around the house while she's latching onto that biscuit,
waiting for my cue.

A friend tells me this is sadistic.

Actually, my dog LOVES this game. Not just the biscuit, but the GAME.

*******************************

Here's a local sign of SPRING:

(Photo - courtesy of John Curtis.)

Ice on our lake is breaking up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dog. Our dog -- also a pound mutt, just 12 lbs., plays that game too -- he lies down with a treat on his paw until we tell him he can eat it.

I love your blog -- the pictures are sensational.

Rachel said...

We have two dogs but my kids love grandma and grandpa's dog more I swear. Everytime they call, they ask to see (We Skype) to see their dog. My special needs son still asks to see their dog even though it died a few months ago.

K said...

My miserly, practical parents had NO DOGS. Of Course, Guy's parents did. But our dogs are my kids' favorites. And they will be Scoots', too, once the dogs get past the knock-you-flat-to-lick-you-stage. Ten years? It's been that long?

Kelty said...

oh! I love that dog! He deserved the tribute :) It's nice to see a post on a "Mutt" when all I see are "puppy mill" dogs - high pedigree, I mean, often from very shady (or at least, motivations are questionable) breeders. I'm a mutt person to the core.

Counters Free Counter