Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sharing the Glories!


Our daily canyon walks have been mighty GRAND of late.


Chica can testify!

. . . and so can my friends who joined me yesterday.

They decided to do a little "bouldering" along the way.

Coming down is ALWAYS more challenging than monkeying up!


The native Utah Gamble Oaks are NOT known for brilliant colors.
They count on the Canyon Maples to provide the magic.


But there's an exception to every rule.


Can you see where some tiny critter had a midnight snack of crimson delight?

(All photos were taken TODAY, except for the shots of my friends. Get out there, folks!)

3 comments:

K said...

THOSE OAKS!!! When an oak shows up to the party, you KNOW it's going to be good. This has been the most beautiful year I remember. I hate the years when everything just sort of goes brown - the aspens sometimes do that. But this year, even the aspens have spanned the yellow to red spectrum. I wish all of you guys - especially you and Marilyn - could see each other's images.

victoria said...

I miss the Canyon! The leaves are beautiful!

Duane Johnson said...

"Coming down is ALWAYS more challenging than monkeying up!"

This rings true for some of life's journeys, too.

Counters Free Counter