Sunday, October 24, 2010

Moab, Once Again

It has become an annual tradition.
An autumn get-away to Moab, Utah with a pack of gal pals.
There were ten of us this year.

Some of us took hikes.

Others hung out in and around our lovely cabin at Pack Creek Ranch.


One of my favorite parts about hiking around this area . . .

R*O*C*K*S!

There's a huge outcropping of colorful quartzite, within a mile of the cabin.

I shot ten photos of various "favorite" rocks.
They were all spectacular, but I won't give you the A-Z of my rock mania.
Here's one great sample:


Looking up from the trail, we saw layer after layer of geological history.


However, it's important to look down regularly.

If you miss the prickly pear cactus on the ground and you'll get a poignant surprise.


Moab is full of contrasts.

From the front of our cabin, I took this shot of the La Sal mountains with very fresh snow.
More shots in front,
with our friend J, a yoga instructor, teaching a duo warrior pose.


In addition to yoga,
there was a LOT of horsing around.

Some of us discovered that we can still climb trees.

Amazing what you can do when you've got a crowd cheering you on!


I thought about hanging upside-down like an opossum.

Then I thought better of it. My spine has it's limits and I need to respect them.

************************************

My friends provided my with NON-STOP LAUGHTER.

We didn't need techno entertainment.

We did bang-up job of providing our own . . .


We ALL took our turns modeling the wig and there may be a group shot down the road.

HILARITY SUPREME.

Thanks gals for an unforgettable time!

2009 Moab event here.

2008 Moab event here.

2 comments:

K said...

Wonderful fun, and beautiful setting. By tomorrow night, it should be hip deep in snow. We're also fascinated with rocks - none of us have forgotten our trip to topaz mountain. Geology is MUCH more fun when you're standing right in front of it.

Kelty said...

Haha!!! That last picture is very funny. It looks like a great trip! What fun friends. Truly, Utah is the PERFECT place for a ginger. :)

Counters Free Counter