Monday, October 4, 2010

Celebrate Life


My cousin Peggy chose to celebrate life.

She truly walked the path of SIMPLICITY.

For twenty-five years, she lived without a car to reduce her carbon footprint.

She promoted causes for a better world. Ceaselessly.

On Saturday, family and friends honored her with a CELEBRATION OF LIFE.

Okay. We DID use a car to get there.

A really really HOT car, owned by a cousin who came from Colorado for the celebration.
Another cousin from Arizona is waving from the passenger seat.

So many people came to honor dear Peggy and celebrate life . . . especially HER life!

Yesterday, my cousin received the Gandhi Peace Award posthumously.
Her biography is on the Gandhi Alliance for Peace site - HERE.

The award ceremony was really amazing.


Beginning with Buddhist monks.

Then, dancers from India.

So young and graceful. So full of vibrancy and color.


I hope to post a decent photo of my tall red-headed cousin - SOON.

In the meantime,
here are two shots (taken last night) with my goddaughters' children.

On the left, Dana's Emma and her foster child Ashawn.
On the right, Paige's Brooklyn and Jude.


I love the way Emma (on the left) is checking me out!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this, Ginger. I went to the link and found it fascinating.

Paige said...

So glad you could come!

Your family never ceases to amaze me!d

K said...

I owe you a letter. I think, when I look at these pictures, that it is not my job to do everything and embrace everything - that's a strange thought for me, because I find that it seems almost a duty to me to do all the good things and play all the good parts. And I can't. The last two weeks has taught me that. Now, I have to learn to sit quietly and really enjoy being the audience for so many wonderful things.

Your Peggy - amazing woman.

Counters Free Counter