Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sisters


I just ran across this hilarious and rather horrible photo.
It made me think about sisters.

My sister is standing in the middle with glasses.
Eyes closed.

I'm wearing red tennis shoes on the right.
Eyes closed.

My sister was (and continues to be) 2 years older than me.
JUST TWO YEARS DIFFERENCE!

She was the TALLEST in her class.
I was the RUNT.


I'm still shorter than my sib, but not by a lot.
After all, I gained TWO INCHES when my spine was straightened in 2008.

Soooo, the height discrepency is negligible, at this point in time.

At age twelve when this photo was taken,
it was tough to be such a pip-squeak.

Wish I could go back and tell that shrimpy girl about her future . . .

"You'll grow . . . I promise!"

"Three amazing children will spring forth from your LITTLE body."

"Life will afford you thrilling surprises, one after another."

Well, I suppose I might not have believed it.


2 comments:

K said...

Not that you wouldn't have believed it. You wouldn't have understood it. And you were adorable, as you are adorable now. I think I like the look Tricia achieved then. G looked and said, "Look how she's standing. That's Tricia all right." But I am just seeing that little face of yours and wanting to kiss that little kid smack on the forehead.

Kelty said...

how cool is this?! I can't believe the vast difference between you and Aunt Tricia at this age. Isin't it true that we wish we could go back and assure ourselves? There is this great country song titled "If I could write a letter . . . to me"

Love you mom

Counters Free Counter