Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eclectic Breakfast





What you see in this photo is my FAVORITE breakfast.
It's a wee bit unusual, but ever so scrumptious.

First, I pull out some yogurt from the fridge . . .

Brown Cow tastes the best.
Mountain High is strong in the probiotics department.
I mix the two and add:

Blueberries are my favorite.
Sometimes I also add other kinds of fruit.

Then, I top the yogurt and fruit with toasted nuts.

Slivered almonds are my favorite, but this morning I used pecans.
5 minutes in the toaster oven @ 350 degrees and they're ready.
That nutty aroma whets my appetite.

While the nuts are toasting I pull out my tortillas
and cut them in fourths.
(I am not exactly a big eater.)


I toast my tortilla in a fry pan on the stove top. (No oil)

Then I spread some hummus on top.
(A BIG container from Costco.)


Finally, I sprinkle sprouts over the hummus:


Sprouting beans & seeds takes 2 - 3 days.
You can store your 'crop' in the frig for two weeks.

This combo includes:
adzuki deans, fenugreek, lentils, green peas, mung beans, wheat.
It's called "Pro-Vita-Mix" available online or in most health food stores.

I love the CRUNCH!


For a warm morning brew,
I use Kukicha tea which is actually made from TWIGS!!!

(It's very EARTHY.)


This morning meal makes me feel that I'm a part of a larger WORLD!

JAPANESE herbal tea.

MEXICAN tortilla,

BULGARIAN yogurt.

MIDDLE EASTERN hummus.

And, OH, it all tastes GOOD.



P.S.
Background music adds additional flavor.



2 comments:

K said...

I will come to your house some morning for breakfast. Perhaps I will play a recorder under your window, and will not wake you, because I could never get up earlier than you do. Then I will cause you to make this breakfast for me, and I will eat it. And if I don't like it (huumus - hmmmm), I will not admit it. I know I will like the blueberries and nuts.

That's what you get for showing me pictures of food I might not have to make myself. And this is an attitude you will find ALL over the globe -

Paige said...

I love this post! I am inspired!
So sad about the picnic table! Hope you get another red one, I love the times we've had out there!

Counters Free Counter