Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Birthday



Some really weird things happened this summer.

1. My goddaughter Victoria got her wings and flew the coop.

2. My birth-daughter Kelty and her husband Duane
completed their BYU studies and moved to Chicago.

I felt a bit of a VOID
as I considered my upcoming birthday.
No kids in town. Not one.

WELL . . .


. . . without so much as a moan from my end,
some dear friends got together
and created the PERFECT CELEBRATION.



They put on a scrumptious Mexican buffet
with all kinds of fabulous side dishes.


The festivities took place under the stars!

How cool is that?!

Lots of storytelling and laughter
while the fire warmed our toes as well as our spirits.

"Thus nature has no love for solitude, and always leans, as it were, on some support; and the sweetest support is found in the most intimate friendships." - Cicero

Wow. I get that. I REALLY GET THAT.

And while we're on the subject, here are some Amigas Buenas
who recently joined me in the Provo City Art Stroll.


2 comments:

K said...

Wow. If any person on earth deserves to be feted and loved, it is you, my darling girl. I think you are what Zion is made of, a selfless individual who draws people into a glorious, loving fabric. You always amaze me, always. Your spirit is so pure, your heart so true. I had no idea there were no kids left. How odd, Ging - how odd for this to happen. Sometimes I feel that I am simply sitting in the middle of the road, blinking -

Kelty said...

How wonderful mom, You have such amazing friends. You betcha it probably feels weird, you've had friends and family living in your home since I was pushing clouds :) We sure miss you! I'm SO glad you had a happy birthday with the "ginger gang"

Counters Free Counter