Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving & More

Lots of DOINGS over the Thanksgiving holidays. Guests at Ginger's Bed & Breakfast included . . .

Dana (godchild) & Glen Rusche
Brooke (another godchild) & Mike Lowrey
Arian & Jill along with their little ones,
Kenneth & Audrey

Kelty slept at her own place, but hung out here with the gang. (Her husband Duane spent the weekend on a quest to connect with long-lost relatives in Quebec, Canada.)

We started the holidays with an energizing evening at the Kangaroo Zoo. Adults as well as kids bounced around on the mega-sized blow-up toys.



Below - my kids, grandkids, and two goddaughters


The next day, everyone trooped off to ride horse with Kelty at the indoor arena where she teaches. Here's a dear shot with my daughter and son


And, taa daa, here's TITAN JR. - Kelty's new dressage horse


We all met over at Arian's new enterprise "Cafe Fresh" - a restaurant located in Orem that serves a wide variety of healthy meals. There are three owners and Arian is the "silent" partner.


Thanksgiving was a small affair this year with ten of us (including the grandkids) - just the right size for this gal who hasn't fully gotten her energy back after May's spinal reconstruction.

Here's the way it use to be.

And the above photo shows only the SIDE table, not the head table.
We really packed 'em in!

Here's our gathering for 2008 . . .


With my low energy reserves, it's a good thing my kids (pictured below) and goddaughters stepped up to the plate and made things HAPPEN!


The weekend ended with my granddaughter Audrey's baby blessing on Sunday. The OTHER grandma (pictured below in a 4-generation shot) sewed her drop-dead gorgeous dress for the occasion.


Little Audrey charmed us all!


2 comments:

blueroserider said...

Once again, beautiful pictures, Ging. The one of Arian and Kenneth is a fabulous shot! Sounds like a good time was had by all (and LOVED Audrey's beautiful blessing dress!)

Paige said...

Oh my goodness! I have only had your recovery blog on my blog, so I haven't seen this for months! I love your posts - especially about my Sisters!
We love you God-mother Ginger!

Counters Free Counter