Thursday, December 11, 2008

In this home,
five VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE
dwell:


. . . my daughter Leah and her husband Cody
along with their three little girls -
Brinley and Avery

and little baby Aspen.

Just got back from a week among these people I love. Did far more than I ever thought possible, considering my mega-surgery in May. It would be fair to say I've evolved into the typical doting grandma.


Leah fondly remembers all the FUN STUFF we did in her childhood and has duplicated several of our traditional amusements. On Sunday we whipped up a whopping batch of chocolate pudding together and then plopped it into the bathtub with the girls. Giggles and silliness prevailed!



Brinley is now in full-day kindergarten. I surprised her at school one day and we ate lunch together


Avery has inherited my smile
and she charms me with her grins.


Yes. It was cold there.
Snowy too.
When Cody was clearing the sidewalks,
the girls jumped onto his snow shovel and got a ride.
And another one.
And another one.


On Monday evening, we made gingerbread houses. Brinley was intent on her creation while Avery was intent on the colorful candies.

On my last day in Ohio, baby Aspen had a surgery and casting to correct her club foot. Here's a shot of Leah and the babe with the medical tech after the procedure was completed.


I'm already missing this family of five and it was terribly hard to leave them bawling at the airport. Tears were streaming down the face of my daughter and my granddaughters as I gathered my luggage and said my goodbyes. Apparently my 2-year-old Avery was screaming "GRANDMA, DON'T YOU LEAVE ME!!!" as I walked off.

2 comments:

Paige said...

What a precious time! You got a lot in, especially considering you had major back surgery only months ago!! You continue to amaze me Ginger!

K said...

Will you be MY grandma?

Counters Free Counter