Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Arrived


My canyon was decorated with the Glorious White Stuff during the night and I "broke trail" during today's hike with the dog. A decent work-out!

Good thing they replaced my kitchen skylight last Friday. It had a sizable crack up the side and I was thrilled that the new one went into place just before the storms.

Lifting off the old skylight . . .


Looking up to the unobstructed heavens,
from my kitchen stool . . .


Setting the new one into place . . .


Also, this week brought a visitor from Texas - another spinal surgery survivor who I met on the National Scoliosis Forum. Kelty invited her to the barn on Monday and we both rode horses. No cantering, Dr. Boachie. I promise!


Thank you, Kelty
for making it a memorable experience
and a post-susrgery "First"!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Your canyon looks great and even though right now the weather report states that "it feels like
-21 degrees" here right now, we have no beautiful snow to show for it!

K said...

My darling girl - that canyon shot was gorgeous. Now, let me tell you some horse sense - the canter wouldn't bother you at all. It's a smooth and lovely gait to ride - like flying. It's the trot he'd smack you for. YAY!! You're on a HORSE!! And Keltie has an inside arena at her beck and call? ENVY!!!

Keltie is so beautiful!

txmarinemom said...

Kelty, I will NEVER forget your patience with me in the arena - and your concern for both your mother's back *and* her spirit. You walk a fine line, and you do it well ;-).

And, OMG ... you and Duane are nesting (I just heard today ;-)!!! I am SO happy for you both, and you're going to make such fantastic parents. I'm going to have to make another trip out to see this undoubtably gorgeous child (great genes and all - LOL).

Take care, sweetheart.

Counters Free Counter