Sunday, August 12, 2012

London Olympics


I have a TIMELY post,

overruling my professed plan to blog about Venice.



My son Arian and his family went to London and attended the Olympics.



Of course, it was only a train-ride away, since they live in Oxford.

And guess who went with them?




My goddaughter Victoria!

She's spending the month of August with my kids (and grandkids) in Great Britain.

Vic KNOWS she's a lucky gal to be attending these historic games.

I suspect that Sir Kenneth has NO CLUE about his good fortune . . .



One thing is for certain, he thoroughly loves ANY adventure - big or small.



So does his lovely sister Audrey.


And we mustn't forget baby Grace!


In fact, this Cosmopolitan Bebe has spent time in ten different countries -

U.S.A., England, Scotland, Italy, Croatia,
Slovenia, Greece, Turkey, Germany and Sweden.


Still, there are times when a SIESTA takes priority over travel adventures, even the Olympics.



During their time in London town, they also strolled around
Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens.



They simply don't miss opportunities.

In fact, they recently hopped over to Sweden for a wedding.


Jill & Grace in Sweden

It's a new world. A much smaller world.



In between all his extra-curricular activities, Arian fits in his graduate studies at Oxford.



Students are required to dress in their formal robes when taking exams, carnation and all.

Naturally, he has to CRAM before his tests.



As a mom, I'd rather he'd look where he's headed instead of studying 'on the go'.

(He's the student with the sunglasses & reading materials.)

But what can I say? He's over 5000 miles away and that's out of yelling range.


PARTING SHOT:

Jill and her new bike which appeared at their home on her birthday.

Now she's a bonafide Great Britain resident,
complete with a personal means of transportation.

1 comment:

K said...

HA!!! You have crossed to the dark side!! An expression of concern about the safety of one of your daring and careless offspring!! WISHING HE WOULD LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET, is it? Well, then.

Lucky kids to have such opportunities. I imagine the bustle in already bustling London, though, and I can't wish I were there for the games. I'd much rather languish here with a High Def TV that costs me much less than a ticket in the nosebleed level of that stadium.

But looking at the pictures, I can almost smell the age of that place - certainly the diesel fumes in the streets. The children are beautiful and so are the girls. Lucky Vic indeed!

Counters Free Counter