Monday, May 2, 2011

She's Here!


The latest addition to the family arrived on Friday.

She's a healthy 6 lb 10 oz little gal, looking quite a bit like her new big sister.

Audrey doesn't know what Big Sister entails, but she's as happy as a lark,
playing with Aunt Kelty outside the hospital.

4 year-old Kenneth wants a turn too!
His auntie happily obliges, despite the fact that he's as tall as a 6 year-old.


"My turn!" "My turn!" "Now my turn!"
Good thing she's a strong gal and loves those little kids to death.


Moreover, she has MEGA-ENERGY!

I'm guessing it comes from the fact that her own little baby is back in Chicago with her papa.

This is the first time she's had uninterrupted sleep for over a year!


Another daddy does humble duties as his wife and newborn recover from the c-section.


Jill is a medical first. Nobody has ever had a baby within a year of two hip replacements. Yep. After Audrey was born, BOTH her hips were replaced, she needed new hips due to hip dysplasia at birth. A previous cheer leader and zumba aerobies instructor, she had big changes in store. You can read about her major recovering HERE. She glowingly reports that THIS pregnancy was her easiest. That THIS birth was a snap. That's our Jill. She is a Happy Camper under practically all circumstances.

5 comments:

Duane Johnson said...

Great picture of Kenneth & little Grace! Also, loved seeing those action shots of my gal! :)

K said...

Congratulations!! They are all SO your children. Beautiful! What a family. What a mom/grandmom! Ginger - remember us at this time of year with flowers in our hair, wearing jeans with the legs all cut into flaps - on our way to the pine tree to play with the fairies? Who woulda known - who woulda thought that these people would come into our lives the way they have. That they would turn out to be so desperately wonderful and brilliant and brave?

Rachel said...

It is truly amazing what a good nights sleep will do for a person isn't it! I feel like I can do just about anything after a night of solid sleep.

Fun photos of very happy people.

Kelty said...

Oh Jill!

Thanks so much! I didn't know we had pictures of that fun time on the lawn - I sure did love seeing you guys, even if it wasen't that long :) Way to go with these posts! I love how you give such sweet details, it reads like a story.

Kelty said...

Oh my goodness -

MOM I am so sorry - I thought this was Jill's blog for some strange reason. . . my apologies, YOUR blog is fantastic!

Counters Free Counter