Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hippie Jill

She did it AGAIN.

Hip, hip HURRAY!

My dear daughter-in-law got her SECOND hip replacement in less than six months after her first one. Why did this skinny little gal need to get herself a set of new hips? Read HERE.

The above shot was taken 5 days after surgery when she was hiking up and down the street with her home health physical therapist (who is holding my grandson's hand.)

My responsibilities during her recovery = cooking and luvin' up those grandkids. Now, who couldn't adore a babe like THIS???

As long as she has a BOOK in hand, Miss Audrey is a happy camper. NO toys compare.

On the other hand, Mr. Kenneth required more involvement and I was PREPARED. I came down with two boxes of Cool Stuff, like this train:


I also brought some innovative crayons which he found very entertaining for OTHER purposes besides drawing:



Jill's willpower propelled her into a record-breaking recovery. She was OFF the walker in four days. OFF the cane in more three days. Jumping back into mothering in a blink of an eye.

At the end of the 10th day, mom and dad made the brave decision that they were ready to manage on their own. The last night of my stay, Arian and Jill created a bit of spontaneous music, a favorite passtime in their household:



On my last morning in Nevada, my son took this shot of Kenneth and I waiting for the school bus.


This three-year-old is one smart little whipper-snapper. None-the-less, he qualifies for early intervention due to a speech delay. This was my last moment with him . . .

If you want to get JILL'S take on her unique way of Ringing in the New Year, go HERE. She's got a sense of humor to beat the band and she'll surely make you laugh.

2 comments:

Jill Lewis said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all of your help! We love you.

K said...

Well. Well. That son of yours? The boy who left an indelible mark on my mind with his sense of kindness and honor? It seems he married his match. The music is only a metaphor for what i see in what you write. How joyful for you, baby, to have inherited such a girl, and for you son to have grown into such a man. (and he don't sing half-bad either - )

Counters Free Counter