Thursday, December 30, 2010


It was Christmas in Chicago
at Kelty & Duane's Palace in the Sky.



Our holiday breakfast
(made by Ms. K, ever the enthusiastic hostess!)
included hootenany pancakes garnished with fruit & cream.



Of course, there was little Miss Rella May
in charge of making the day
MERRY.

She did so with a flourish.


Kelty has found another venue for her equestrian avocation, out here in Illinois.

She owns a certain % of this noble beast.

My daughter fully lives up to her middle name of 'Grace' when she's on the back of a horse.
This is NOT my parental bias. Not in the slightest.

Here's the view taken from the 'Guest Room' window upon rising yesterday morn.

I am positively IN LOVE with the Windy City.

(So is my friend Bonsey who joined me to celebrate the season with us in the Midwest.)

2 comments:

K said...

I dont know how they live so high up. I couldn't do it. But it's beautiful, and the view is beautiful - as was breakfast, and that child, and the joy that is so obvious. My favorite, of course, is that lovely flea-bitten gray (or is she white? - flea bitten refers to the flecking). What a sweet face on horse, and sweeter on rider.

Kelty said...

Thank you mom!

I don't know how you do it - but you always get the most beautiful pictures wherever you are. Perhaps it's your 'brightened life outlook' that effects the pictures ;) We sure love you!!! This was a wonderful way to spend Christmas.

Counters Free Counter