Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Love My Honda Element


It looks funky. Some say it looks downright ugly.

I don't care what people think.

It handles mountain roads where conventional vehicles dare not travel.

I can get an eagle eye view of my hometown in under 30 minutes flat.

And that's just what I did this week . . .

with my 15 year-old niece, along for the buggy ride.

Did I mention that a PICNIC DINNER was thrown into the deal?

And do you notice this teenager wearing a Jacket in July?

You see, it's generally about 20 degrees cooler up there.
Grace didn't believe me when I suggested a jacket.
(Good thing I brought two.)

* * *

Take a look at the SCENERY in the shot below.
It's the canyon I hike every single day with my puppy dog.
Looks entirely different from above.


BTW, I removed my fleece for this shot.
The brown shirt provided a nice backdrop for those BONNIE BLUE wildflowers.

(I was shivering.)

* * *

We headed home just as the sun was setting.


We passed through three luscious meadows as we descended.

As we arrived at the third one,
my niece gazed BEYOND the grassy carpet and exclaimed,
"There really ARE
purple mountains!"


And they really ARE majestic!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Amazing pictures!

Jill Lewis said...

Yes, so beautiful. Also, it's fun to see those Cafe Fresh boxes!

K said...

Stunning. The meadows - what a gorgeous, rich carpet of verdure - the abundance of our God, poured out without stint. If we could see our own lives from that same Eagle;s eye view - what opulence might we see? We are too close to the ragged details, I think. But not you. You have always seen well.

blueroserider said...

Oh Ging...you are the most amazing photographer. Thanks for sharing!

Kelty said...

OH! This is so beautiful - stunning.

- Kelty

Counters Free Counter