Friday, January 22, 2010

Heavenly Theatrics


Yesterday, I hiked the front side of our mountain.

The view across the valley was worthy of hauling my telephoto lens.


SO COOL the way the cloud patterns reflected
on the frozen surface of the lake in our valley.
(SEE BELOW.)

It's a bigger lake than most people imagine.
Big enough for Cloud Silhouetting.


West Mountain -again below- hasn't much of a name . . .

(Photo taken from my hot tub deck after my hike.)

. . . but it's fascinating to observe SKY DRAMA
which takes place around ole West Mountain.

Here's an early evening shot, taken at a slightly different angle.


Definitely, a storm was brewing.

And I thought of my mom reading us Winnie the Pooh . . .

Oh the wind is lashing lustily
And the trees are thrashing thrustily
And the leaves are rustling gustily.

Yes, indeed.
It became rather BLUSTERY in Utah.

* * *
These last three shots were taken TODAY.

OH WHAT PASSIONATE HEAVENLY THEATRICS!


I simply couldn't live in other parts of the country
where the skies are generally blah
and the clouds are not clearly defined.
Places without hearty doses of our local SKY DRAMA.

Such a thrill to look across our valley and say,

THERE.

Snow (or rain) is falling THERE.

For example, the photo below.
See how the clouds have broken open
right between the two mountain?

I can easily imagine the deer, the pines,
maybe even some mere mortals
getting a dusting of white powder,
over THERE.


Tonight the clouds have brought the snow right to my doorstep.

I just heard the snow plow rumbling up the hill.

The driveway will need shoveling.

Still, I love it. Oh I do.

2 comments:

Jill Lewis said...

Beautiful photography and beautiful descriptions. I love getting a glimpse of such beauty that is so different from what surrounds us here.

K said...

Wow. Drama. Beauty. Staggering space. Those clouds between the mountains. What a show.

Counters Free Counter