Monday, December 7, 2009

Kelty Is Blossoming


Celebration!

My baby Kelty's
baby is due
to make her appearance
in January.




Family and friends gathered to honor the mother-to-be, to shower her with sweet little baby things and fortify her with sage advice.

There was 'LIGHT SUPPER' which wasn't all that light.

Then, Jill
(my extraodinary daughter-in-law)
asked Kelty
to remove
the petals of a yellow rose,
sharing
thoughts or feelings
about becoming a mom,
one for each petal.

Followed by the ceremonious
opening of the gifts.



Let me just say, this wee little buttercup will have some stunning (and cozy) outfits during her first year of life! The presents were thoughtfully chosen and accompanied by sound advice from moms who've proceeded her on this journey.

Dana, my goddaughter #3, is also expecting in January and the two mamacitas look so darling together with their swelling bellies.

THANK YOU Jill and Leah, for putting together this marvelous event. You'll see no shots of my Leah girl, since she is tethered to her three little babes in Ohio. None-the-less, she managed to orchestrate various elements of the shower from the Midwest. She even made and mailed 30 parties favors and they were A HIT.


Sheesh.

I can't believe my BABY is With Child.

I look at her and my heart sings . . .

"Is this the little girl I carried?"

2 comments:

Kelty said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes :) thanks mom for orchestrating the whole thing, it was a wonderful memory in the making! You're right, by the way, about the supper being anything but light! but I noticed everyone REALLY enjoyed that little change of plans ;)

K said...

How impossible it all is=- that we carried ANYBODY, much less these lovely grown women having children of their own. I will never cease to be mystified. And wherever you are, there are always loads of people and really good food. I really need to follow you around more . . .

Counters Free Counter