Monday, June 1, 2009

A Bride in the Family

A couple of months ago,
I hosted a bridal shower for my niece Robyn
at my place.


FAST FORWARD: many family members gathered
in San Diego (just last week) to celebrate her wedding to Mr. Kevin.





















When I say MANY, I mean SCADS.
Our family is on the large size.


Between the three celebratory events
- wedding, luncheon, reception -
there was time for my brother Ken
to tickle my little grandson Kenneth.
(This is Ken's FAVORITE hobby, next to starting businesses.)


We also managed to hit the Birch Aquarium.
(I highly recommend it if you go to San Diego.)

Arian, Jill, Kenneth, Audrey, Ken, Athelia and myself
all bunked at the same sweet dive in Old Town San Diego.
Other family members squirreled in
with kin or friends.

Here I am with my sweet D.I.L. Jill
and her kids
at a Mexican breakfast, day after the wedding.


Then, we sent my son and his family off to
"Hotel Del Coronado"
where they spent four days lounging
on his company tab.
Actually, Arian legitimately earned a sizable travel voucher
for his performance in the company
and they decided this Hang Out would be a great idea
before Jill's upcoming hip replacement.
Which it WAS!


Of course, our Kenneth had no sense of propriety
amidst the grandeur of this historic hotel.

Notice - his feet are NOT on the ground!
His mom aptly calls him the Energizer Bunny.
After I snapped this shot,
he rolled into a round of giggles.

1 comment:

K said...

What a great thing - all that fam, all that love. The first shot, by the way, has a strange, lyrical quality to it. I thought, at first, it was a shot you'd pulled out of a magazine or something, the way you use clip art. The picture demands a story. Not the real story, which may be simple - unless it's not simple. The look on her face, the neutral tones in the room, the things hanging around her neck, the things at her feet, and the seemingly empty room around her . . .

Counters Free Counter