Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mountains of White Stuff

Just a little holiday post script:

We have been blanketed with a spectacular
white frosting
here in the Rocky Mountains.
And there have been a few dumps
since the arrival of 2009!

The dogs just love it.
Below is Chica, left, and one of the Labradors
who spent the holidays with us.



And Playful People love it too!
Below, my son Arian

Greg's 'Big Daddy' Snowball




There's enchantment everywhere.
(Do notice that I'm wearing a marshmellow outfit.
It's not exactly warm here.)


A dazzling family (3 of my goddaughters & their dad) to compliment
the EXQUISITE CANYON backdrop!


On the home front, there's lots of snow removal work.
Good thing I've had many helping hands to make it happen.


Even my grandson got involved in the action-


Truly, this winter season has provided us
LOTS of reasons to get outside and celebrate!


2 comments:

K said...

Great shots. Glad I live here, or I'd be pining away for the place. That lost shot was like you standing with all eternity spreading out behind you. Really, Ging - the joy in those faces, the happiness and the plain sweet being of all those people - so many people are missing the amazing reality of what family means - the freedom, the support, the celebration of life that can come when people pull together and love each other, and make work a delightful sociality. I'd say you are lucky - and there is some luck to it - but mostly, it's mom working hard, hard to instill solid values and great love. So congrats, mom. I've watched you do it all these years. And look at the igloo you built!

Leah said...

You live in an amazing place! I love all the snowy pictures!

Counters Free Counter