Saturday, January 17, 2009

Good Deeds

My sister and brother-in-law get the Heroes of the Week Award for spending vacation time replacing my decidedly dead car battery.


Three trips to Auto Zone and my motor was finally humming once again. Now tell me, who wants to make three trips to such an establishment on a Saturday evening when you are on vacation? My sis and B*I*L were mighty cheerful Good Deed Doers, that's all I can say!

Speaking of good deeds, our local government gave me a very generous gift this winter by installing a bridge at the base of the canyon where I take my daily hikes.


Since I cannot possibly risk a fall with my new spinal fusions, the bridge was installed just before the first snow.

During previous winters, I would slide down one side of that river bank and claw my way up the other side. It was exceptionally kind of the city to recognize my post-surgical dilemma and provide me with such a marvelous and rather extravagant gift.



(But I'm worth it.)

4 comments:

K said...

Yes, you ARE worth it. And since my tax dollars are a constant source of bitter aggravation to me, I will now officially decide that that bridge is where they all have gone. So, both our burdens lifted!!

Ain't it great to have fam?

Jill Lewis said...

So creative! I love it. You are worth it!

Kerri said...

Ginger, I so envy your access to such a beautiful canyon. I hope you'll enjoy it a little extra for me. I think of you often, always with fondness & gratitude. I think my years at Adventure Time have been a great blessing to my own pre-schoolers. That was on-the-job mommy training.

JenPB said...

Isn't it great to have family and friends who'll step in and help in your time of need - even if it IS Saturday and DOES involve the parts store!?

I envy you your canyon, and miss those Utah snows, but doing our good deeds here in the California sunshine - well - it's tough to complain! :)

Counters Free Counter