Sunday, November 2, 2008

Babies Arrive!

Gingersnap Gems (this blog site) is a PHOTO JOURNAL of my meanderings. Through the camera's lens, I share my gratitude for everyday experiences - sometimes ordinary, sometimes extraordinary.

Guess I'll start with the extraordinary.

Two new grandchildren have made their grand entrances into the world, adding new depth and color to our family tree.

Arian (my son) and Jill (his AMAZING wife) were graced with a baby girl named Audrey Katherine on September 10th.

When Audrey's two-year old brother Kenneth saw her baby for the first time, this is what happened, without any prompting . . .


A week ago, I made my very first long-distance car trip to visit Audrey, Kenneth, and parents. We visited some hot springs where I often took MY children when they were little.

Jill & Audrey - Foreground
Kenneth & Yours Truly - Background

On my way back to Utah, one of my goddaughters was caravan-ing with me. We stopped along the way for a bit of hiking and red rock climbing.

On October 19th, my daughter Leah gave birth to her third child, Aspen.
Here's Avery, who just became a new sister for the first time . . .


Brinley, below, is my eldest grandchild . . .


Just after Leah came home from the hospital, my brother Ken arrived in Ohio for business and visited Leah and her gang.

Kelty, my youngest daughter, is now in Ohio helping her sister as she adjusts to three children. I'll be out there in a month. That will be the first flight since my spinal reconstruction in May. These grandbabies are the catalysts to some great FIRSTS!




3 comments:

Jill Lewis said...

I'm thrilled you've started this blog! It's fun to see your grandkids on this post! I had a great time at the warm springs with you. I continue to be amazed at how well you have recovered from surgery!
Love,
Jill

Sarah Buma said...

Grandma Ginger...what beautiful and blessed children. Thanks for sharing! Love, Sarah

Kristine said...

What fun pictures! It is fun to see what you and your family are up to! Congratulations on your successful surgery! You are always an inspiration!

Counters Free Counter