Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Gecko Land



At the moment, I'm in Gecko Land, also know as the Big Island of Hawaii,

The geckos like to hide behind the picture frames - inside the house.

With friends, I'm housesitting at a remarkable home in Kona.

(Somebody has to do it.)



Here we are, hiking out to a beach, hauling our lounge chairs.

Nancy is carrying two.  She's my sherpa.



I snorkeled for longer than I thought possible.

The tropical fish and this (BELOW) reptilian friend motivated me to keep paddling.



He was swimming close enough to touch, but wouldn't properly pose for the camera.

Good enough!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I could use a nice warm beach at the moment. I'm in bed with a code in my node and a sore throat. :( Boo me. But yay you!! You are so kind to house sit. :D

K said...

What the HECK? Do you NEVER stay home? DO you NEVER stop having adventures and seeing beautiful things and doing things with your million brave and daring friends? I'm not in bed with a code. But I am watching a BYU game and wishing the bathroom weren't all the way upstairs and that people could eat at eleven at night without being sorry in the morning.

Leah said...

Wow, that turtle was awesome! Glad you are able to snorkel there. How is the water temp.?

Counters Free Counter