Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where am I?

My now-grown godchildren are presently managing the homefront in Utah,
while I wandering around an EXOTIC CITY
where residents air their bedding right out their front-facing windows.
(See bedding, upper right.)


Other window in town are sporting freshly-washed garments and dish towels.


Looking down, I see water flowing freely,
as it has for centuries.


Sometimes, the free-flowing water is combined
with edifying art.
After all, it's an artsy sort of town.


Wisteria vines, blooming everywhere, provide both ambience and a heavenly scent.


I TAKE IT ALL IN,
as I slowly wander my way through
this ancient city,
meeting fascinating people all along the way . . .


. . . including three Catholic nuns with whom I shared a lovely chat while we all consumed GELATOS. They weren't thrilled about joining me in a photo and I totally get that. However, they were tickled to snap a shot of me solita, chuckling like I was their darling little grandchild. Well, they WERE old enough to be my grandmothers. But not too old for GELATOS!


I don't speak the native tongue of these women "of the cloth",

but I speak a sister language - Espanol.

And if you haven't guessed where I am,
THIS IS YOUR FINAL CLUE:

If you still don't know,
retake World History 101.
* * *
I'm so thrilled to be here!

3 comments:

K said...

SO, you are suel (alone) in Rome? How interesting. I've never wanted to go there - but I know the feel of it. Different than Paris, but the same - older, tighter, taller, heavier with the age of religion and art. I know the feeling of walking on the streets you're walking on. You look wonderful. I should have gone with you.

Leah said...

What amazing pictures! Hope you are still having a safe and delightful time!

Kelty said...

What beautiful pictures!! Wow, you are really seeing some history there. I think my favorite is the fountain with the man's face. I've been proudly telling my friends about how my brave mamacita is trotting around Europe and Africa. Come home safe to me, Mom, I sure love you.

Counters Free Counter