Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Needed in Nevada?



I ASSUMED I was needed in Nevada.

After all, it was less than four weeks
since my daughter-in-law got her hip replacement.

So I tootled down there in my Honda
to manage kid care, meals and any other needs.
Well, Jill had abandoned her crutches right before I arrived.

And THIS is how she looked on my first evening in Nevada
when we went 4-wheeling
on top of the mesa near their home . . .


Her cane had been transformed into a play toy.

Needless to say, the job was NOT demanding.
In fact, we goofed around A LOT.


One day, the boys (son & grandson) and I drove to Vegas.
Arian secured a scrumptious cake for his wife.

That evening, there was belated birthday celebration,
since she was in the throes of recovery when she hit the big Three-O.

As soon as Mom blew out the candles,
Kenneth could hardly wait to get a fistful of that cake in his mouth.
Mom & Dad didn't see the action.
But I caught it!


I am SO THRILLED to see my d.i.l.
walking beautifully, flawlessly on her new hip.

Jill is downright ECSTATIC!
Here's her report.

BTW,
even in the fiery heat of August,
there's beauty in Nevada.
I took this photo from the kids' driveway on my last evening:


2 comments:

Jill Lewis said...

Thank you so very much for coming down to be with us! We appreciate so much everything you have done. We love you!

K said...

I don't suppose you'd consider being MY mama? But oh - wait - I think I'm older than you are. Shoot. Congrats to Jill and A, and amazement at the energy and love that you are.

Counters Free Counter